Dermal filler is a soft compound that is injected into your face to make you look younger and healthier. While Botox relaxes your facial muscles to smooth out wrinkles, dermal filler is placed under your skin to add fullness to any problem areas. Dermal filler is made with hyaluronic acid, a chemical that occurs naturally inside your body. Hyaluronic acid has been safely used in surgical procedures for more than two decades.
How Long Does Dermal Filler Last?
An injection of dermal filler will typically last for about 6 to 8 months before it begins to weaken. It’s often totally gone after about a year. Your body breaks down the chemicals through its natural processes and they are harmlessly absorbed. If you do not like the results of your filler, you can speed up this process significantly with a targeted shot that makes the filler dissolve in less than a day.
Where Can Dermal Filler Be Used?
Dermal filler can be injected in a number of different areas of your face. Popular procedures often involve injections in the lips, cheeks, eyelids, jaw and in between the nose and the mouth. The results you are looking for with your procedure will dictate where the filler is injected.
If you’re concerned with your appearance elsewhere, dermal filler is totally safe to use on your hands, feet, or body. Many people use dermal filler to help make their hands look smoother and less bony or veiny.
What Kinds Of Cosmetic Issues Can Dermal Filler Correct?
- Tissue Sagging: Age marks (like eye bags) can be reduced dramatically with a filler injection.
- Lip Augmentation: Filler can be used to help make thin lips larger.
- Cheek Augmentation: Whether you are trying to correct for age or just make your profile more attractive, filler can add volume to your cheeks.
- Narrow Your Jawline: By carefully adding filler in the surrounding areas, you can make your jaw appear smaller and more feminine.
- Nose Modification: Filler can help make your nose appear more regular and symmetrical or strategically reshape it to be more attractive.
- Hand Retouching: A bit of extra volume can help make bones and veins in your hands less prominent.
- Wrinkle Reduction: Adding a touch of filler under wrinkles makes them less deep and makes your skin appear more youthful.
Safe, Reversible and Not Surgery
Dermal filler is a great way to boost your confidence and correct any cosmetic issues you have with your face, hands, or body. Unlike Botox, it’s totally reversible, so you will never have a bad experience. It’s not surgery, so there is no cutting or anesthesia used and the chemicals involved have been used safely by doctors for years. For many of us, it’s an option very much worth investigating.